Sunday, September 18, 2011

Days like today

I sure am grateful that days like today don't come around that often.

Jeff was sick, and Cate was grumpy. Extremely grumpy. Like, cried all day, didn't want to be held, didn't want to be put down, didn't want to be left alone for more than 2 seconds grumpy. Didn't want to eat, didn't want to play in the circus trainer, didn't want to lay on her mat. The only crying-free times I had today where when she took her naps and when I gave her a bath. She even cried through supper and refused to eat, which is way weird for her.

I think she's constipated. She strained all morning and finally went after her nap. But that didn't stop the fussiness, so I'm guessing she's still constipated. I made a trip to wal.mart for prunes this morning. She's only had about 8 spoonfuls though, since I'm terrified of giving her too much. I'll ask Mrs. Sarah tomorrow how much she gave her the one other time Cate was constipated.

This child really will eat anything though, because she gobbled up those prunes like no body's business. Maybe she doesn't have taste buds?

Of course, she also gobbled up the few small bites I shared with her of my mint chocolate chip ice cream, so she must have some. :)

To top it all off, while I was eating supper tonight, I noticed that Cate's right eye was red. Not fully red, but much pinker than normal. Being the pink-eye catching freak that I am, this is, of course, making me wonder if babies can even get pink-eye. I mean, we did spend over an hour waiting around for the doctor the other day. No telling what she could have caught there.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to add your new blog to my reader! I was wondering why I hadn't ready anything from you lately... Did Cate have pink eye? H has it now after A had it about two weeks ago. Hope things are going well! I don't know about you, but there are days I just want to throw the 'teaching' towel in and stay at home to love on my little ones.

    ReplyDelete