Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food!!

This child loves her food. She gobbles up everything we put in her mouth. She stares in fascination at every bite I put in my mouth.


Feeding her is something else.


She is going to be a creature of habit. I say this because she does the same thing every time we feed her, with every bite.


She starts by yelling at the spoon. She throws her arms out to her sides and yells at the spoon before I get the food in her mouth.


She chews. (At 5 months, she chews!) As she chews, she brings her hands up and rubs her head; starting behind her ears, going up and over her head, over her eyes and nose, and stopping in her mouth.


As soon as I hold the next spoonful up, she starts over.


This results in cereal (or oatmeal or carrots) transferring from her mouth to her hands to her hair, ear, eyebrows, eyelashes, and entire face. It's ridiculous.





You can't really see it in the picture, but her face is literally covered in cereal, with a fine layer of carrots on top of it. It's in her eyelashes, in her nose, and in her ears. It's like a face mask. Her hands are covered, her chair is covered, and my hands are covered from her grabbing them on the way to her mouth.


Mom has said she used to have to put me and the highchair in the shower after I ate. I'm beginning to see why!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the cereal/carrot face/head mask effect! Not envying you on the clean up afterwards. That's some food-spreading skill she's got xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to figure out how to comment on this forever! Just trying again...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES I DID FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete