Monday, August 15, 2011

The First of Many

Well, here we are. Welcome to Best and Better Still! As you can tell, it is still under construction. The banner obviously doesn't match the background. I can't get any banners to actually stretch all the way across the top of the page. And I'm not sure if I like the giraffe banner or the pink background better. I'll get there.

This post is called the first of many. Partly because it is the first post here at BABS. Partly because its the first day back to school for teachers. Kids start Monday. But also because today was Cate's first day at daycare.

I will freely admit, I was a mess. Last night I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to get everything I just knew Cate could not live without today. This included extra formula, 2 (!) pacifiers, a bunny lovie, a blanket (even though she never uses them), 4 sets of clothes, and a gazillion diapers. I like to be prepared. :)

I did well this morning, I think. I dropped her off, got to school (only a couple blocks away), and made it allllll the way to my classroom before I broke down and sobbed. And that only lasted for a minute or so.

It was so much harder leaving her at daycare than it was leaving her with family at my house. Luckily, the day care is an in-home provided by the parent of a former student of mine. So at least I know she can keep kids alive. But still. I got to spend a grand total of 2 hours with my daughter today. Daycare wore her out. She was asleep by 7:20 tonight.

On the bright side, only 184 more days to go until summer vacation, and I can have her all day again. Not that I'm counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment